Selling a Business is Hard Work
Business owners need to understand and accept that:
- Clean business and accounting records are important to the sales process.
- Internal pre-sale “due diligence” is the right and smart thing to do.
- A third party “M&A data room” needs to be used.
- It takes substantial time and effort to sell a business – time range of 6 to 18 months.
- It costs money to sell a business properly.
- Selling a business is an emotional experience for an owner(s).
- Public, or large privately held, business will have different value indicators than a small privately held business.
It takes time, effort and investment in the sales process to make a sales transaction function properly, especially in an economically uncertain time. There are more items that add and subtract from the time it takes to sell a business, but being prepared to sell the business adds value.
Please contact The Siburg Company anytime to discuss your business’s strategic plans.
The Siburg Company specializes in buy-side and sell-side mergers and acquisitions, and strategic planning consulting services.
Contact us at (480) 502-2800