Facing The Realities of Selling a Privately Owned Business
Business owners may need to accept the reality that:
- It might be better to liquidate the business than to try to sell it.
- The revenue size of the business impacts the value of the business.
- There will be one offer for a business rather than multiple offers.
- Offers to buy the business are often less than the owner believes a business is worth.
- It takes substantial time and effort to sell a business.
- Selling a business can be an emotional experience.
There are numerous factors that add and subtract value for a privately owned business that is for sale, but owners need to remember that a public, or large privately held business will have different value indicators than a small privately held business.
Contact The Siburg Company if you are thinking about buying a business or selling your business.
The Siburg Company specializes in buy-side and sell-side mergers and acquisitions, and strategic planning consulting services.
Contact us at (480) 502-2800