The Realities of Selling a Privately Owned Business
Business owners need to accept that:
- It might be better to liquidate the business than to try to sell it
- The revenue size of the business impacts the value of the business
- There will most likely be one buyer for a business rather than multiple bidders
- The offer is most often less than the owner believes a business is worth
- It takes substantial time and effort to sell a business
- Selling a business can be an emotional experience
Yes, there are numerous other items that add and subtract value for a business that is for sale, but owners need to remember that a public, or large privately held, business will have different value indicators than a small privately held business.
Please contact The Siburg Company anytime to discuss your business’s strategic plans.
The Siburg Company specializes in buy-side and sell-side mergers and acquisitions, and strategic planning consulting services.
Contact us at (480) 502-2800